View Original Source Article: https://4fbe00a01c1d40939a12159d2171f671.marketingusercontent.com/m/view/o3L2U8iQMHHr0CDJhSdFxJsxUVKtT3IoP81pAxJixAkx#msdynttrid=94aLfrW3tiNQBOiTiF0063Fr2kf7GDfnAEvmgBG-AQg
Apply now: 2023 HIV Vaccine Science Academy
- Are you an early- to mid-career HIV investigator or clinical scientist?
- Are you affiliated with or working in collaboration with an institution or university in sub-Saharan Africa?
- Are you interested in pursuing HIV vaccine research?
The Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise of IAS – the International AIDS Society – is pleased to announce that applications are open for the 2023 HIV Vaccine Science Academy. The academy, organized with the South African Department of Science and Innovation and the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand, awards fellowships to 15 early- to mid-career investigators and clinical scientists to take part in workshops on HIV vaccine research with international experts.
The academy will take place at the Wits Rural Facility in Acornhoek, South Africa, 15-18 March 2023 Selected participants will receive full travel support.
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2023, 23:59 CET.
The objectives are to:
- Provide training on state-of-the-art HIV vaccine research and development, notably vaccine design and the use of relevant scientific tools and skills (such as scientific writing).
- Provide a unique opportunity to engage and discuss with leaders in the HIV vaccine field, in a retreat-type setting, to build and facilitate collaborations in the search for an HIV vaccine.
- Support participants in establishing a sustainable network across different research institutions and creating momentum for African-led research.
To be eligible, applicants should:
- Have sufficient proficiency in English
- Be a citizen and resident of a sub-Saharan African country
- Be affiliated with a sub-Saharan African institution
- Have a letter of support from their home organization
- Be either a graduate in a subject relevant to HIV prevention research, with a PhD and up to five years’ relevant postdoctoral research experience, or a medical doctor with two to five years’ research experience
- Have at least one publication submitted to an international peer-reviewed journal
- Be willing, and have a plan, to disseminate the knowledge acquired during the academy within their home institution
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
The IAS Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise team